View Single Post

Old 04-19-2012, 10:25 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One more country heard from.... I checked out several comparisons because I'm still looking for a 9mm that I'd feel comfortable CC'ing without a major wardrobe change . And they are all in the same price range. There are some overpriced options but....

I checked specs on the Glock 26, Kel Tecs PF-11 & PF-9, Taurus Slim, and the Rugers LC9 & SR9c. Here's my findings.

The M&P Shield, Glock 26, and Ruger SR9c are withing fractions of each other in size and weight, except width (Glock and Ruger are double stack). They also share the same striker fired system giving them a light, smooth trigger.

The Kel Tecs, Taurus, and Ruger LC9 are also withing fractions in size but are several oz lighter. The PF-11 is a double stack so it's a bit wider.

Oh, and I've owned them all and still own most of them. They have all been VERY reliable shooters. And I'm still CC'ing my Bodyguard and Kel Tec P32 as my pocket gun, both plenty lethal with the right ammo. In colder weather I carry the LC9 because it and BG have very similar grip and shooting characteristics. You need your CCWs to be a near the same as possible.

Last edited by GeorgeP; 04-19-2012 at 10:34 AM.