View Single Post

Old 04-20-2012, 04:30 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycewise View Post
I was looking to ad a 380 to my current carry guns for times when I need to be extra discreet. I currently carry a Glock 26 and Kahr CM9. Both are great but a bit heavy for pocket carry. I am deciding between the Kahr p380, BG380 and TCP 738. I haven't been able to find a BG380 at my local gun stores to give a feel.

Do you have any recommendations between the Kahr p380, BG380 and TCP 738.

How well does the BG380 carry in the pocket?
Thanks all
Well, one man's opinion... I have the BG380 (love it once I got a couple of bugs worked out), the TCP 380 (a love hate relationship) and a Kel Tec P32 (same size as 380 version).

I love the BG380 but it's really just a touch too large for pocket carry and pocket holsters make it even larger. It does shoot nice. I carry it on a belt-slider. The TCP 380 is okay size wise but sharp edges require a holster. The gun is reliable but is rough on the hand...lots of jump. The Kel Tec P32 and 380 share the frame/grip and slide so they are the same size. This is my pocket carry. I normally carry it in a back pocket with a handkerchief between the gun and outside. With a pinky extension it's very easy to find and draw. From time to time I carry it in a paddle holster at my kidney. I'm about to upgrade it to the 380 version.

As for lethality, even the 32 with a hot load is plenty lethal for a civilian self dense weapon. The 380 is just a bit better.

Hope this helped some.

GeorgeP

Last edited by GeorgeP; 04-20-2012 at 04:33 PM.