View Single Post

Old 04-20-2012, 06:12 PM

Liked 103 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeChuck View Post
This is, in my opinion, one of the two most ridiculous questions repeatedly asked on this, or any, gun forum. (The second is a close companion based on caliber, something like "Really guys... you would stake your life on anything less that .45?") Sometimes the gun/caliber snobbery simply drips off of posts.

For this ridiculous question to have any validity, it must assume a variety of things -- that I cannot shoot the gun well, or that it is incapable of stopping a threat, or that anything else I might carry can be easily concealed. Never assume. You make an... well, you know.

My answer to this ridiculous question is a perfectly sober "yes". My EDC is my BG 380. The reason is very simple: it fits in my pocket. I'm 5' 11" and weigh 153 pounds. I'm a professional who's not going to start wearing baggy clothes just so he can hide a larger gun somewhere. If the Shield fits comfortably in my pocket (of which I am a bit skeptical since the only-slightly-larger 9c is not a good fit) then I will opt to carry it over my BG 380. If it doesn't, then I will continue to carry a gun that I...

... have on my person.
... use in routine practice.
... can put shots on the target.

Last time I checked, this makes this gun a serviceable weapon.

Honestly, if some of you would lower your nose a bit, perhaps we wouldn't see so many of your boogers.
wOw .. First off I own a BG.380 too. So does that un-snob me?