View Single Post

Old 04-20-2012, 10:24 PM

Liked 273 Times in 156 Posts

Some more pennies for the kitty:
I've been carrying almost daily for over 20 years. When I started, it was with full-size autos, IWB. Over time, I've tried shoulder holsters, ankle holsters, waist & belt packs, as well as quite a few guns. My current carry is an M49, for simplicity and reliability. As mentioned earlier, small autos can be sensitive to weak grips and need constant, frequent practice to ensure the user can shoot them reliably.

I finally settled on front pocket carry since here in Alabama, it can be a true year-round carry, not fumbling around in an emergency. I keep remembering a video of a soldier in Afganistan; he was wearing his pistol in a thigh holster, but when he had to suddenly draw, his hand went to his belt first, then dropped down to the holstered pistol.

Pocket carry is not a big deal; just keep everything else out of the gun pocket, use a good holster and wear 'relaxed' fit trousers. Another thing about pocket carry is that you can, by simply sticking your hand into your pocket, grasp the gun without appearing threatening or brandishing.

Last edited by shep854; 04-20-2012 at 10:27 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: