View Single Post

Old 04-21-2012, 12:09 PM
US Veteran

Liked 301 Times in 195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge View Post
It utterly amazes me that people will carry a round that has no street cred based on actual shootings yet defend to the grave the reason why they carry it. The old Remington .38 +p 'St Louis' load has street cred as does the Win. version. Buffalo Bore does not. Buffalo Bore does NOT make their own cast bullets. They buy them from Rim Rock Bullets and IMO they are way too hard to expand. Google some denim/ballistic gel tests and look for yourself. Buffalo Bore .38 lead HP loads fail the standard test.
Let me preface this by saying; I am not trying to argue w/you, or be disrespectful in any way..........

The RemingtonŽ +P (aka FBI load), and Buffalo BoreŽ STANDARD PRESSURE load; are essentially the same. Ballistics are pretty much identical. The Buffalo BoreŽ 158gr LSWCGCHC+P is an awesome load IMHO; better than any like load from any other manufacturer. As for the four layers of denim test, in my almost 41 years of carry, both on and off the job; I've NEVER met anyone who wore four layers of denim.

Both Buffalo BoreŽ loads I have referenced, #20A/20 & 20C/20; are the most accurate loads I've found for my J and K frame guns. That fact is the MOST IMPORTANT reason I choose to use these loads. I've seen first hand what they can do to deer with deep penetration and full expansion. I have no doubts they will perform just as well in a self defense situation.

As the late Bill Jordan said; "Speed is fine, Accuracy is final."
The Following 2 Users Like Post: