View Single Post

Old 04-27-2012, 03:08 AM

Liked 103 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeChuck View Post
That's funny, because the old fart teaching the concealed handgun course I took last year told us that it was a GUN, and not a WEAPON. He also insisted that we say "shell case" and not "shell casing".

This attention to detail was indeed ironic (and probably misplaced), as during the safety portion of the course he showed us how to unload a semiauto but never once told us to actually look into the chamber and down through the action to verify with our eyes that the gun is unloaded.

I consider this one of the greatest oversights I've ever encountered in training of any kind.

Concerning the Shield, I'm sure it will loosen up. If you think the slide stop is difficult to release, try the takedown lever and/or safety on a Bodyguard 380. You'll think the Shield is heavenly.
Oh did that bring back memories a 1 1/2 yrs ago .. lol .. I had to send my BG.380 back to S&W due to the take down pin walking one time. They sent me a new frame/gun and wOw the first few times were difficult to say the least. After that I was good to go breaking the gun down. My friend had bought a Shield and has been complaining about the overly stiff slide release. I told him that it needs to break in. He normally buys a used gun and isn't used to a new one, where as I do buy new. I have found out that compacts and smaller tend to be much stiffer and need to be worked to loosen up.

Press check regularly, like 1st thing in the morning when dressing. Some makes you can't visibly see a round from the top. I think Glock it's from the side. M&Ps you can see from the top.

Last edited by kris7047th; 04-27-2012 at 03:12 AM.