View Single Post

Old 04-27-2012, 08:12 AM

Liked 127 Times in 53 Posts

OK...we all know the theory on opinions, nevertheless here is mine...

I own a couple of nice model 66s. One is a LNIM 4" and the other is a real nice 2 1/2" shooter. I have acquired both of these guns in the last year. During this time I did a lot of research on their value. Here are my thoughts...

The gun in the condition you describe, with original box, docs and tools, and all the original parts (stocks?)....I would place the value range between $475 and $575.

Now, you also mention..."an extra set of wood grips included. They are a darker wood, no checkering, with S&W medallions". If these are smooth rosewood targets, and they can be "lettered" to this gun, I would add $50 to $75 to my price range above. In my opinon, these stocks may be the key to the real value of this gun! If you buy this gun, make sure to hang on to these smooth targets until you determine their history!!

So, with this considered, I would go in and offer $525-$550 cash and see if they bite. If so, then you'd have a very nice model 66 for a more than acceptable price. Especially if the other stocks are rosewood and they letter to the gun!!

Last edited by MacA; 04-27-2012 at 02:12 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: