View Single Post

Old 04-29-2012, 12:12 PM

Liked 236 Times in 123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamajack310 View Post
Tom, Hello first I am going to advise that if you do want this type of gun I would caution you to wait about a year before getting one. Usually with first production models they usually have problems with them. I would say let all the kinks come out and be fixed before you take that step...I too want a new sheild but I will wait the year before getting one. I am also a revolver guy and have carried revolvers most of my life. I also shoot Glocks at wirk as I am forced to carry one. I will say that I have shot both the M&P and the Glocks. I think they both have good ergonomics, I do not like the trigger on either gun and I do not like plastic guns as I had a Glock 21 blow up in my hand..(again I am a revolver guy they are all metal and I have never had a problem out of one.) I am forced to make the switch as plastic guns seem to be the wave of the future. I did take a chance and bought a Sig 290 and I really like it even though it is plastic...It fits in my pocket a little better than my S&W 642. I have heard great things about the little gun so far, maybe S&W kept the sheild off the market until they worked out all of the kinks unlike every other company,,,only time will tell.
Hi
I never understood this logic about waiting for possible problems. The Shield is an M&P, a very proven and very popular pistol platform. Its a slim down easy to carry M&P end of story. Much like the glocks, when the G17 hit the marked in the USA it was quickly followed by the 19, then the 23 27,26 etc etc. At the end of the day its a Glock, with S&W at the end of the day its a M&P just a scaled down version of a very popular, very reliable and accurate pistol.