View Single Post

Old 04-29-2012, 11:35 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,374 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hten View Post
mim parts suck....my Smith and Wesson 1911 with mim parts have broken 14 times......I can not replace them due to the fact that it will viod my police departments warrantee with the gun. Their response is when my gun breaks they will replace it. My personal guns have hardened parts. If you want a gun to hang on the wall then mim parts will work but if you want to shoot more than 1000 rounds a year than you need a better setup. My opion is that you should not get a 1911 if you can not afford to make it right. If you san not make it right then get a glock or something that will go bang when you pull the trigger. I have no choice in what i carry, I love the 1911 but the realabilty with the mim parts is sub par to say the least.
Sorry to hear you have had problems. I have had my S&W 1911 for years (not a safe queen) and zero issues. I seem to recall gun parts breaking before MIM...many, many more guns out there now than used to be and outlets like this allow for every issue to be advertised.