View Single Post

Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 PM

Liked 734 Times in 300 Posts

Technically, YES.

I've loaned long guns and handguns to CLOSE family members for use without my supervision. Always got them back without having to ask and never had to clean them after I got them back. I've loaned guns to complete strangers while at the range, but only under my CLOSE supervision.

Another reason I said "Technically, YES" is that a friend of mines mother had her house broken into three times. Her son insisted that she get a TN HCP and learn to shoot. The only thing she could shoot comfortably was my M34-1 as she is now 83 and has severe arthritis in her hands. She does not have the hand strength to rack the slide on anything and can't handle the recoil of anything larger than a 22. I "Leased" her the M34-1 for $1.00 per year and had her list in her will that the Nickel M34-1, serial #M19848X was to be returned to me upon her death.

In the two plus years she has had the M34-1 I haven't been paid the agreed upon lease fee. Should I get a court order of repossession?

RBURG: Yes, I loaned one of my employees one of my chainsaws two weeks ago. When the saw didn't come back on Friday I held his paycheck. He came around Saturday morning to bring back the saw and get his check. BTW the chain had been sharpened, correctly, between when I loaned it and when it came back.

Class III