View Single Post

Old 05-02-2012, 11:51 PM

Liked 43 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crracer_712 View Post
This seems like such a great deal, I'm almost tempted to pick one up, just for the fact it comes with the Burris mount and you can add Butler Creek lens caps for 15 for the pair.

Did a little checking on this scope and see some mixed reviews. One person mentions that to use the turret, you have to loosen three allen head screws per turret, then went on to mention he could never keep them tight. Apparently it comes with cams to adjust turrets for 50, 55, and 62 grain bullets.

Amazon has this scope for 98 bucks, 53% off retail. I can buy that Burris mount for 65 bucks at joeboboutfitters, so that's only paying 35 bucks for this scope. I see discrepency when I look at the field of view specs between various places, the worst case being 6.5' at 6x at 100 yards and 2.5' at 18x at 100 yrds. Even at that it seems like you'd get some use out of it, even if only for fun. What I can't get past is the 19" length! If you align the back of the scope up with the charging handle, the front would be 2.5" beyond the typical A style fixed sight. At that length, I don't really think a person could get the scope that far forward, even with the Burris PEPR mount. To me it appears a person would have to be further back on the rifle than would be comfortable in order to maintain proper eye relief.

Grover's 32x scope might be that long, but at least it's 32x power and not just 18x.

But still, for 35 bucks, I'm sure it a big what the heck..
Why pay $165 for it when you can get if from SWFA for $100? Makes the scope even cheaper. I don't have fixed front sight and the front of the scopes sit right about where I have my magpul BUIS mounted. It's long but doable. Ill snap a pic for ya. It has the cams for different bullet weights. I had no problem getting the tight on this scope or my .22 of the same make. Like I said I mainly did it because of the mount and the scope ended up being about $20.

Last edited by xICEMANx; 05-02-2012 at 11:56 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: