View Single Post

Old 05-03-2012, 11:36 AM
US Veteran

Liked 22,434 Times in 8,279 Posts

My Bro-in -law being an attorney, and describing the worst fights he has ever seen as those of a family haring a will being written and arguing over little nothing trinket, he is very emphatic about having a "Trinket Clause" in your will. I have one listing about only 5 guns I specifically want to go to specific people, and the language that the spouse or executor then sell those remaining. If anyone wants any of the others let them buy them as they would then participate in the proceeds of the will and be reimbursed (at least partially). I see no sense in leaving a lot of guns to individuals that will just sell them off or stick them in the closet and forget them. I just finished selling a half dozen guns for my Bro-in-law, who now has Parkinson's and has no use for them and his children didn't want them. He had some very fine guns, and they did bring some good money. I bought one SKB 20 Ga. O/U which had had maybe 8-10 rounds fired through it and offered the est. retail $700, but they gave it to me at half that for doing the selling for them. I will remember him always when I use it.