View Single Post

Old 05-03-2012, 01:52 PM
US Veteran

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by offensive View Post
Did you have one of the earlier P238's with the extractor issue?
I had never heard about this. News to me. You can be sure I will look into this. All I can tell you is that I was looking for one of these pint sized 380's when G & A (?) or American Rifleman (?) did a comparison article on several different 380's. They included the Sig P238, Ruger LCP, KelTec, etc . . . BUT they did NOT include the BG 380. Not sure why not. Out of all the guns they tried they seemed to like the Sig the most and also gave high ratings to the LCP. Based on that article I bought the P238.

While I think the fit and finish of the gun is good it just doesn't eject spent rounds for beans. I am lucky to make it through a single clip let alone a box of ammo. It doesn't matter what ammo either. I was planning to have a gun smith look at it to see if he could do anything with it but haven't had the time. I won't carry it anywhere until I get it fixed.

I mentioned the problems I was having to fellow gun owners and they suggested the BG. When I first looked into it I really liked what I saw. First, it is DA which I prefer over the Sig which is single action. It makes me nervous to what around with chambered gun clock and locked. I know some people do it but it isn't for me. So the features of the BG, DA with a long, somewhat aggressive trigger pull and a safety are more my speed. Add in the free laser (price compare to any equivalent other brand) . . . how could you go wrong? Plus it is a S&W which tend to back up their products.

Anyway thanks for the info on the Sig. I still own it and plan on keeping it. Hopefully Sig will stand behind the gun and help me out.

Quote:
. . .
XS night sights installed on BG380
XS Big Dot sights for Bodyguard 380 (*pics added*)

I have heard of people using Novak sights from the Kahr on the BG380 as I was looking into them before I got rid of mine.
This is ironic because it was this posting that Google found which lead me to this forum. I was really just looking for sight for my BG's. Anyway thanks for pointing out this posting. There is another thread in this forum that has more details on sights for the BG and I have been posting my findings in that thread. I am aware of the XS sights but they aren't my favorites. I have contacted several other sight MFGs and posting their replies on this in the other thread. I hadn't heard about using Kahr sights on a BG. That is news to me.

Bodyguard 380 night sights?

Quote:
My pocket carry choice will be down to the Boberg Xr-9s, the Sig P938 or P238, or the LCP. A good friend has the Boberg on order and I will figure out if it's worth the $1k price tag after I fire it. The P938 the same way, if I can have a pocket carry 9mm, I'd rather have that over the .380. I have fired the P238 and liked it, but I am aware they have extractor issues and usually spent a few weeks back at Sig for a fluff and buff and extractor replacement if you have issues in the first couple hundred rounds fired. I have yet to hear a problem with an LCP other than it's hell on the hand after 20-30 rounds fired.
I have never heard of either the Sig P938 or the Boberg. If either of these are really $1,000 for a little pocket pistol . . . they had better be VERY, VERY GOOD! That is a LOT of money for a pocket pistol. I'm not sure I would compare a gun costing 3x more to the BG? Kind of like comparing a VW to a Porsche isn't it? The Porsche had better do something remarkable for 3x the cost.

Anyway I do hope that one of these other guns works out for you and thanks for the info on the Sig and BG.

Last edited by Chevy; 05-03-2012 at 02:00 PM.