View Single Post

Old 05-03-2012, 07:14 PM

Liked 2,492 Times in 1,182 Posts
Default Stumbled onto a pre 36

Hi all, I've been looking for a flat latch 36 for awile now and ran across this one and found no model number under the crane, only the usual assembly numbers so I have a pre 36 Chiefs Special on my hands and with a serial number of 123107 that puts it as a 1957 man? Anyhoo, it checks out fine mechanically and does have rather nice matching diamond center stocks. This was a working gun and has blueing wear in all the normal spots, a few freckels and scratchs here and there, overall a good looking little revolver. Bore and chambers cleaned up real nice although some of the leading in the barrel I suspect was vintage also. Im out of my depth here with these and I think this one was among the last of the non model marked Chief specials, any help here is welcome! Paid $399.00 plus tax and title and do not think I got hurt there. When I get the camera figured out will post some pics and thanks for looking!
Ok got the camera figured out, had to resize the pic's to upload and hope they dont come out postage stamp size! Excuse the poor pic's the revolver has a film of CLP on it and you know how that affects pic, it really looks a lot better with a mark one human eyeball. The amazeing quick detach holster came with it. Thank's all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chief left.jpg (132.5 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg Chief right.jpg (135.0 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg Chief backstrap.jpg (122.4 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg Chief holster.jpg (92.2 KB, 119 views)

Last edited by Vulcan Bob; 05-03-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Add photo's
The Following 8 Users Like Post: