View Single Post

Old 05-04-2012, 12:12 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkpitbull View Post
Well he said, if I understood correctly, that he has had the shield to the range 3 times before this with good consistent results, until now.
I find it hard to believe he is at fault IF he has been better before now with this gun.
I suggest shooting it on a rest to be sure....it is the gun, sometimes....
Thanks to all for the feedback and suggestions. Actually the results on all three sessions have bee consistent and as in the example picture.

As noted, I had just finished 100 rounds with my M&P 9FS, dry firing the Shield and 50 rounds of live fire with the Shield, so extremely confident it is not my anticipation. I consistently put the rounds through the same hole (both weapons), which further helps me think it is not trigger control. If the groups were not so tight and consistent with distance, I would think otherwise. Also having someone else shoot the weapon with the same results means something.

I acknowledge that it does take some time to get acquainted with a new weapons system, and am willing to do it, just stating that unfortunately in this case I think it has more to do with my Shield than with my capabilities.

I just ordered a DCAEK, as well as a set of XS Big Dot's. I'll make one install at a time so I can see which/either helps the situation.

Until they come in, I'll keep sending them in order to get this dialed in. I will definitely try switching to the first finger joint instead of the pad of my finger and see what happens.