View Single Post

Old 05-04-2012, 01:48 PM

Liked 103 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by setxwarrior View Post
Thanks to all for the feedback and suggestions. Actually the results on all three sessions have bee consistent and as in the example picture.

As noted, I had just finished 100 rounds with my M&P 9FS, dry firing the Shield and 50 rounds of live fire with the Shield, so extremely confident it is not my anticipation. I consistently put the rounds through the same hole (both weapons), which further helps me think it is not trigger control. If the groups were not so tight and consistent with distance, I would think otherwise. Also having someone else shoot the weapon with the same results means something.

I acknowledge that it does take some time to get acquainted with a new weapons system, and am willing to do it, just stating that unfortunately in this case I think it has more to do with my Shield than with my capabilities.

I just ordered a DCAEK, as well as a set of XS Big Dot's. I'll make one install at a time so I can see which/either helps the situation.

Until they come in, I'll keep sending them in order to get this dialed in. I will definitely try switching to the first finger joint instead of the pad of my finger and see what happens.
I used to do the same ting. I have a damaged idex finger, missing the tip from a childhood injury. If the grip is too fat/big, I can't reach the trigger properly and will *mash* the trigger causing me to shoot low left. Same thing when I get tired if I don't focus. Is there someone who is a good shooter in your area (trainer) who can teach you fundamentals ? Once you have someone who can identify what you are doing, then you can fix the issue (why I have sold other guns in the past and buy/use the type that will serve me best. I started with a S&W 638, then Ruger LCP & LCR, Glock 19 and G26 .. moved to M&P9c (small back strap) and the Shield. I Sold all of the others except the G19.