View Single Post

Old 05-04-2012, 03:54 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris7047th View Post
I used to do the same ting. I have a damaged idex finger, missing the tip from a childhood injury. If the grip is too fat/big, I can't reach the trigger properly and will *mash* the trigger causing me to shoot low left. Same thing when I get tired if I don't focus. Is there someone who is a good shooter in your area (trainer) who can teach you fundamentals ? Once you have someone who can identify what you are doing, then you can fix the issue (why I have sold other guns in the past and buy/use the type that will serve me best. I started with a S&W 638, then Ruger LCP & LCR, Glock 19 and G26 .. moved to M&P9c (small back strap) and the Shield. I Sold all of the others except the G19.
Kris,
Thanks for the input, and glad you were able to overcome the injury and identify how to manage it.

I am a very experienced shooter, train diligently on a variety of weapon systems, and compete regularly. So a little beyond needing to be shown fundamentals. With that being said, I am always learning and reaching out for help and advice when I have an opportunity.