View Single Post

Old 05-05-2012, 02:58 PM

Liked 15,576 Times in 6,829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrencemr View Post
Thanks to all who have and are responding. I appreciate the input. I don't plan to feed it a steady diet of these things- just enought to maintain proficiency. I have shot several factory boxes of .357, 158 grain JHPs without a problem. So length isn't an issue. I'm a revolver guy and the J is light enough to carry all of the time. I have friends who have had less than satisfactory results on bad guys with hyper velocity, light hollowpoints. So I just want to learn from their experience. It is tolerable to shoot with 125s, the 158s are unpleasant. I don't want to erode the cylinder or frame. Am I correct in assuming that a slower powder is going to give more desirable results?

Yes a slower powder will "generally" give more velocity out of a shorter barrel.

Look up at the top of the reloading section. Notable threads and duplicating the FBI Buffalo Bore load (it is a 38 +P load)

I bought a box of the BB factory to try in my 442/642 and they were brutal. A follow up shot is not very easy. As I mentioned, in the over all scheme of things at SD distance of 10 ft, does it really matter??

Duplicating Buffalo Bore FBI Load