View Single Post

Old 05-05-2012, 05:43 PM

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
It sounds like you really want a rifle with a dust cover and forward assist. If these are wanted features, then the Sport is not for you. You will drive yourself nuts thinking about not having these features if you want them and they are not on the rifle. You are about to spend a good chunk of change, so make sure to get what you want.

I did not feel that those were must have features, so I went with the Sport and I couldn't be happier. No matter what anyone else may say, it is a "true" AR. It does everything that most recreational shooters need a rifle to do. It is accurate and feeds the cheap steel cased ammo that I have been using. The bolt and bolt carrier seem to be the same as the ones used in the rest of the M&P lineup. Any furniture or additions that you would make to any other AR, you can do on the Sport as well.
A dust cover and forward assist are not needed, this is my first AR15 and will just be used as a plinker out in a field. The Sport looks to be the best quality and value combination.