View Single Post

Old 05-05-2012, 07:43 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Picked up a 9VE today

If anyone had seen my post in the intro section, they would know my plan to pick up a Sigma in .40 S&W after work today...

Well, I suffered through the 4 hours and made it to the shop where I was buying the gun. Ideally, I wanted a .40 S&W. Unfortunately, they only had the 9MM. So, I looked at some of the other .40's they had and I either wasn't satisfied with them or they were out of my price range. So, I held the Sigma again and decided that I would go with the 9MM. After all, I'm only 23 and will have plenty of time to get at LEAST one pistol in .40.

That being said, I'm happy with how the pistol feels in my hands. It seems to just sit perfectly. Dry firing brought about my opinion of the trigger pull weight; it's a bit cruddy. It's definitely something I'll have to get use to, but that just means more range time. Unloaded, she seems a bit top heavy but that's to be expected. I fully loaded a mag and inserted it, but didn't chamber and add another round, and it seems pretty well balanced.

I won't get to fire the Sigma until tomorrow. After I do, I'll post some more opinions. After I've had her for a while, and have had more than one range outing, I will be sure to follow-up and let everyone know how she does for me.