View Single Post

Old 05-05-2012, 08:44 PM

Liked 6,774 Times in 1,312 Posts

I'll never forget the time in jail when the nurse hands this eighteen year old kid a suppository (nicknamed the Silver Bullet because they are a grayish color). He asks the nurse what to do with them because he said they looked like they would be hard to swallow. I was elected to tell him where they went and even which end of it went first, I also pointed out a couple other inmates that could best help him with his problem.
I too have had problems with pain meds, my docs prescribe it and I can't take it. They gave me Lyrica for the pain in my arm, it made me so loopy that 12 hours after taking it I had the intellect of a zombie from the Walking Dead, next up was Neurontin which did not even put a dent in the pain. After the surgery I just had they gave me percocet and the pain is manageable, because within 30 minutes of me taking it I am no longer awake, but when I do wake up it takes at least thirty minutes to clear the cobwebs. Not to mention I can't drive while on this. It doesn't really help the pain alot either (mostly nerve pain as I was told so it wont but that nice long incision would probably hurt worse without it.)