View Single Post

Old 05-05-2012, 09:22 PM

Liked 526 Times in 331 Posts
Default FYI!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 230grfmj View Post
I have these sets you see here and the guns letter with them the way you see them. They are all rosewood per the letters, however the pair with the ivory inserts letter with smooth target grips in rosewood with no mention of the ivory inserts.

Roy Jinks said he's never necessarily figured out how those with the ivory inserts originated, but he wishes he had a few sets of them!!
230grfmj,

I'm not sure in what time-frame your Revolvers were engraved, but if it was in the Fifties, like I believe they were, I believe you'll find that there's a good possibility S&W's Master Engraver Alvin White is the one that inlaid these Ivory Diamond Inserts into the Grips!! I've seen more than a few of his Engraved Revolvers that he's inlaid, within reason, that Exact Ivory Diamond Insert into the Grips when he did the engraving work or possibly did the grip work for one of the other Factory Engravers like Harry Jarvis or Russ Smith who also did work in that time period!! I'm not saying it's definite, but very likely!! Your one Revolver looks to have been done in the style of Harry Jarvis is why I mentioned him!!

Last edited by Masterpiece; 05-06-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Spelling Correction