View Single Post

Old 05-06-2012, 03:45 PM

Liked 3,961 Times in 1,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevenbravo87 View Post
I have been using the old school M16 cleaning kit. Guess I need to get with modern times
I have an old school cleaning kit too. Use it right and it works fine. IMO, just as learning to shoot with iron sights is a valuable skill, learning to clean with a standard kit is a valuable skill too.

I like to try out tools that purport to save time. The CAT M4 definitely saves time.

Here's a video of the CAT M4 and Talon Lug Tool.

CAT-M4 & Talon - YouTube

I said I wouldn't mention solvents, but there is one carbon cleaning solvent that I know works every time.

SeaFoam motor treatment. Any of you who own a vehicle with a carburetor should already be familiar with SeaFoam. I disassemble the BCG & bolt, and let the parts soak in some SeaFoam to start to dissolve & loosen carbon deposits.

For the new guys who have AR's with delta rings and want to change out hand guards, getting an AR hand guard tool makes the job much easier.

I used to change hand guards by compressing the delta ring by hand. Changing hand guards by hand, by myself, was time consuming, frustrating, and frustrating. I broke down and bought a $10 hand guard tool.

I shot a video:

AR Delta Ring Compression Tool - YouTube

Also for the new guys, a video on how to swap out a butt stock. I shot this to help out a friend who just couldn't get it.

M4 Stock Removal. Install Magpul MOE. - YouTube