View Single Post

Old 05-06-2012, 04:31 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Three more for the Victory Data Base

I’m new to the forum (posted this in the wrong section to start) and am adding some more Victory models for the database which I’ve found very helpful.

The first two are marked: “38 S&W Special CTG” right side of the bbl; the 3rd is marked "38 S&W CTG" and all have “Made in U.S.A.” on right frame.

1st Victory Revolver has a 4-inch bbl in the five number serial range, (V 78137) with “U.S. Navy” on Top Strap and red paint “Property of United States Navy” mark on frame. Has checkered grips.

2nd Victory Revolver has a 4-inch bbl (V 315351) has faint “BNP” markings and is marked “ENGLAND” on cylinder. No top strap markings and no S&W logo on right frame. Lanyard lug filled and it has a small "P" marking on butt. In blued finish, which looks to have been applied after lanyard hole was plugged. All matching except there is no number on the bbl, just blank (replaced?). Revolver shows even wear. Replacement S&W grips.

3rd Victory Revolver has a 5-inch bbl (V 528312) has faint “U.S. Property” and “G.H.D.” on Top Strap. The right side of bbl after “Smith & Wesson” there is a “BNP” mark with a crown above, then “.38 -767” to the right and below, the “3 1/2 TONS” mark. “BNP” crown marks show behind each cylinder groove all the way around. Just behind the trigger on left frame is a small mark of downward facing crossed swords with an “I” to the left, a “B” to the right and the numeral “2” below. On the right frame above the frame screw over the grip is etched with the number “53” and below the screw, “FTR”.

Any information would be appreciated, date ranges, etc. Pictures posted in next post.

Last edited by Silver King; 05-06-2012 at 09:56 PM.