View Single Post

Old 05-06-2012, 04:35 PM

Liked 330 Times in 166 Posts

In the city nearest me, the big box stores have all but driven out the independent gunstores. Not that we ever had that many, but if you want to buy you have a choice of two gunstores and Cabelas. That said, I have developed connections. Lately, they have made the purchase of a firearm require at least 6 people and a computer to complete. I have complained, but a person that buys too many guns does not figure into the scheme of things. In their view, normal gun buyers will never notice how inconvenient a purchase has become. After closing the deal. it can take up to 45 minutes to fill out the paperwork. Local gunstores take 10 minutes. Cabela's is a local business for us, but when the big box stores close there will be a big sucking sound. I try to buy from my favorite gun seller, but he has trouble getting guns into stock. He says the distributors are calling daily saying what they can offer him, but Cabelas and Bass Pro get whatever they need because of their sources and buying power.
The Following User Likes This Post: