View Single Post

Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 AM

Liked 151 Times in 46 Posts

It was like I poked a stick in a hornets nest after adding a few comments on the Shield to a rather long thread on Kahrtalk about the gun.

There are a couple of "regular" posters there that routinely attempt to dominate the forum and hand out regular doses of the Kahr Arms Kool-Aid. The new or inexperienced Kahr owners drink this up all the time.

I took a mild interest in the Shield a couple of weeks ago after reading about it. I intend to take a hands on look at the Shield this week if I can locate one locally.

I was most impressed with the thread on this forum in regard to the new Shield owners and their lack of problems or issues with new pistols and initial range sessions.

I'm not too thrilled with S&W finding it necessary to add a manual safety to the Shield.

Disclaimer: I own one Kahr pistol, a PM9, black w/night sights. It was purchased for one reason and one reason only, discrete CCW when my G27 was just too big to carry in light, warm weather clothing here in FL. It has fit that need very well.

I have been carry one type of gun or another during my time in LE and in retirement for 41 years. The PM9 is in the top 5 or 6 on my list.

My PM9 has not been without minot issues but they have all been corrected to my satisfaction. It is a fine pistol for what it is.

IMO and limited ownership, Kahr makes a very good pistol. In my experience(s) their CS has been outstanding when I have needed it.