View Single Post

Old 05-07-2012, 07:45 PM

Liked 1,707 Times in 283 Posts

"That gun store wouldn't be in Kittery would it?"
bgrafsr
Bill,
A stones throw from 95, a hop skip and a jump from Portsmouth. Can't say problem is entirely w/the store, as many have pointed out, good customer service is fading from our culture.
Most of the clerks behind the counter at this store are retired from a career. From what I can see they enjoy involvement w/firearms and a chance to cherry-pick incoming guns at an employee discounted price. Some tend to be independent w/self opinions a bit larger than life.
There are a few very good people I look to for service there, my mistake was to go in there on a rainy Sat afternoon.
I was quite surprised at the quality of the manager who fielded my complaint, he'd had some training somewhere. Didn't argue w/me, agreed treatment I'd gotten was substandard .... I made the phone call to vent, hard to yell at someone who's agreeing w/you completely and looking to do you right.
I've had no problem pointing out to these folks that 35miles north on 95 there's a new player, Cabelas, just looking for local customers.
Good Luck, Kevin