Thread: Shield .45
View Single Post

Old 05-08-2012, 03:41 AM

Liked 56 Times in 44 Posts
Thumbs up

My CS45, which is quite a bit heavier, would be darned unpleasant without grips that resemble the puffy rubber ball on a pogo stick....

I expect that a .45 Shield wouldn't be any better.

OTOH, the CS45 is tolerable. It's based on the Model 39 "basic" design with the backwards safety, and some models have a decocker instead of the safety function at all, and thinner grips are available, too. Think "PPK/S that's an inch thick"....

Other than commonality with the M39-ish semi's, I don't know why I bought it .... (There's a CS9 that's got to be a decent carry piece for it's day - about 10 years ago, and there was a CS40, but apparently it dropped off the radar a long time ago.)

(AFAIK, the CS9 and CS45 may still be available new. They were when I bought that CS45, but it was used. Full of mummified grease and dust bunnies big enough to raise, but it cleaned up fairly well, and was an "airline travel" gun for me for a while. That's one you wouldn't mind an insurance check for, especially at the end of a trip....)

Dunno if I'd want the .45 Shield, but I may swap that CS45 for a .40 version eventually.

Regards,