View Single Post

Old 05-09-2012, 04:09 AM

Liked 37 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44magsam View Post
what is the best pocket knife on the market and i am talking about blades that are made our of the best steel available? i like the trapper 2 blade style. i want to splurge and for once buy the best quality pocket knife i can get. any suggestions
I have and have had lots of nice folders, mostly SOG, Buck, Kershaw and Gerber. They are all good knives for their purpose (every day carry).

However, I've recently gone to a fixed blade for EDC. I "splurged" and had a knife made of S30V steel forged and shaped down from a 1/8" thickness with rag micarta scales custom made by C.T. Fischer out of Elk City, ID.

With a well balanced blade and overall length of 3" and 6-3/4" respectively, its high corrosion resistance and its quick accessibility from the kydex sheath on my neck and weighing in at under 5oz sheathed, it's become my go to knife for every day carry. I do a lot of fishing in a salt water environment and with minimal maintenance, I've had zero rust issues. It hones to a razor edge and holds that edge very well.

Best of all, unlike a folder, it will never fail at a pivot point under duress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CT Fischer Necker 001.jpg (106.3 KB, 570 views)
File Type: jpg CT Fischer Necker 002.jpg (88.7 KB, 527 views)
File Type: jpg CT Fischer Necker 005.jpg (109.7 KB, 526 views)
File Type: jpg C.T. Fischer Necker 006.jpg (56.0 KB, 525 views)

Last edited by Gatillo; 05-10-2012 at 01:53 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: