View Single Post

Old 05-09-2012, 12:15 PM

Liked 392 Times in 161 Posts
Default Another super serious Shield problem! Must read!

Ok, I've had my Shield for almost 2 weeks now. It shoots fine... But....

With all the out of battery problems, and other issues being reported. I shot it again... I discovered a serious problem with the gun and wanted to warn everyone...

Beware! When standing on the shooting range this morning, I discovered something horrible...

If I close both or my eyes while holding the Shield in a shooting position, I cannot see the target. However, if I grab one of my Beretta 92s and just barely peak at the target with one eye, then I can see enough of the target to fire the gun with accuracy.

BUT, when I hold the Shield again and close both eyes completely, I just can't see a darn thing.

I will attempt to make a you tube video of this as soon as I can, because I find it to be a serious flaw with this gun. I've also contacted S&W directly. They have issued a call tag for my weapon, and it's being sent off today with overnight shipping. They are extremely panicked and they want to have the gun in their hands as soon as possible.

I don't want to take any chances, so I've decided to let the professionals take a look at the gun to see if this can be replicated at S&W headquarters!.

I will be posting this warning on EVERY gun forum I am a member of, in order to get the word out to everyone. Owners of Kahr firearms who inexplicably hate the new Shield will also receive a certified copy of my warning through registered mail sent through the US Postal Service! I don't want to miss anyone.

I am just SO, SO glad I discovered this flaw in the Shield before I needed to use my weapon in a self defense situation.

You have been warned!

Last edited by shipwreck; 05-09-2012 at 12:18 PM.
The Following 49 Users Like Post: