View Single Post

Old 05-10-2012, 04:43 PM

Liked 348 Times in 203 Posts

I have one and love it. I had two and loved that one also, but had to make room for another toy. I must suggest though....the 317 is plenty tough enough for what you may want to do with it, but it is very weak in a couple of areas. The yoke-tube is aluminum as well as the cylinder. We all know what end-shake is (it's okay to ask if you don't). These aluminum components are simply not going to hold-up like steel. I have heard of folks having over 10,000 rounds down range and that's a LOT. Maybe enough for a lifetime for most folks, but I have ran across some likely range-guns that were simply shot-to-pieces. I don't mean blown-apart...I mean just shot-loose. It may take 15,000 or even 20,000 rounds to loosen one up, but it will loosen-up much quicker than a steel gun. Take out your yoke-screw....pull the yoke out and see if you detect that gray mushy stuff. That is aluminum powder mixed with lubricant. IMHO, a 317 owner needs to pay close attention to this bearing surface and lube the yoke-rod often....more often than he/she would look at a steel gun.

I love it and plan to never be without one. I just take better care of it than I do my steel guns.