View Single Post

Old 05-10-2012, 04:53 PM

Liked 19 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxonPig View Post
No obvious repair or refinish marks. Don't know why anyone would expect to find any.

Oh, the word "target" apparently is not used in the name. It's simply "K38 Masterpiece" as it was most vigorously pointed out to me one time.

Why ask what it's worth right after buying it? Why would you buy a gun (or anything) if you had no clue as to what it was worth? I'd say it's worth what you paid for it... to you. And that's all that matters.
I took a chance and I traded a 629-5 for both the 14-3 and a like new 36-1. I was just wondering if I screwed the pooch or not. I'm reletively new to S&W collecting and have turned to this site to help me grow my knowledge and experience a bit. If it was a colt or a Winchester I woudn't have had to write a post like this as I am well versed in both brands, but as it is my knowledge of S&W revolvers is sub par. I know I could just look it up in a book, but book value and market value are often very different.

Last year I traded into an early S&W Model 3 American. I traded a little pump .22 I had paid $75 for and the only reason I traded was because I liked the look of the pistol. If it weren't for sites like this I may have taken it to the next gunshow and sold it for $150 and been none the wiser, but because of sites like this, I found out that it's worth in excess of $2,000. So I'd rather err on the side of caution, admit that I don't know everything, and seek advice and help from people who are much more knowledgable than I in this certain area.

Last edited by Pirateer2007; 05-10-2012 at 05:19 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: