View Single Post

Old 05-10-2012, 05:23 PM

Liked 9,497 Times in 4,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Star View Post
I would NOT try to shrink a K-frame holster, as much as I like the Bianchi models mentioned above. I wore a 5BHL in black basketweave stamping for over 20 years, and like it very much. (The gun is a M-66-3.)

I think you need to skip a few movies or something and save for a custom rig, probably from El Paso Saddlery. www.epsaddlery.com

Look at their historical holsters and at the Tom Threepersons and 1930 Austin models. Their basketweave stamping & floral carving are superb. I own several of their holsters, two for the M-60-4. You'd probably want longer versions of those holsters. One is like the old Safariland M-29; the other, a Threepersons.

But first, shoot that gun some and see if it extracts empty brass and is accurate. I had a miserable experience with a S&W M-34. Had to POUND out the fired brass. I'll never again buy an S&W .22 revolver!

What have you got, a Model 35? If it works well, treasure it and be happy with it. That's a good way to get six-inch bbl. velocity in a gun light enough for handy carry. If you don't have my extraction difficulty, that gun is worth a good holster.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that you'll find a used J-frame holster for a six-inch barrel. I had to order both of my El Paso holsters for the M-60-4. I also doubt that Bianchi will do any custom work today. I asked them for holsters for my M-60-4 and was told to try to cram it into their usual three-inch 5BHL! Of course, the full-lug barrel made that impossible. I was NOT impressed with their rep's attitude!

Finally , post in The Lounge for Lobo Leather to contact you. Judging from photos, he does really nice work and he's a member. He may be able to beat El Paso's prices.
Texas *, one of my 22/32s extracts fine while the other is in that same category you mention of pounding them out with a hammer. The reason for the problem with the latter seems to be that it was fired extensively with shorts and has a noticeable ring of erosion at the middle of the chamber where the short case mouth is located. Thanks for the suggestion about Lobo Leather and to Nimrod44 thanks for the name Simply Rugged to check out as well. Ultimately, I will be hopefully alternating between carrying a 6" HFT in 22 LR and an upgraded 6" Regulation Police in 32 S&W Long with adjustable sights added in this proposed holster. Thanks to all for the very helpful responses.

Froggie