View Single Post

Old 05-11-2012, 02:58 PM

Liked 4,637 Times in 1,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery11 View Post

I can't wait to see how it recoils. BTW, what is the .44spl best suited to do in life? Would it handle a black bear or a moose? Those are about the only threats I could see running into around here, rare as the chance may be.
Recoil is very comfortable with the right grips. The 44 special (and that's good advice about NOT trying to turn it into a magnum) is still a potent cartridge, and falls somewhat along side or slightly above the 45ACP with proper bullets/loads. Great carry gun and though I wouldn't plan on using it on bear or moose except as a last resort, no doubt someone has taken them with the old 44 special, probably 'ol Elmer himself, but likely not in a gun with a 3" tube. He blew up a few guns with his penchant for 'experimentation' and hot-rodding rounds. That's why the 44 mag was developed in the first place. If something is chewing on my leg I'll use a 25 acp if that's all I have, but if I'm going looking for something that big it won't be with a 44 special.

Deer and humanoid size/weight targets, another story - the 44 special is quite adequate.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: