View Single Post

Old 05-14-2012, 12:51 PM
US Veteran

Liked 20,615 Times in 4,684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateer2007 View Post
Yes. 100% ignition all day long. I just used my buddies digital scale for checking trigger pull and in DA it spiked at 3lbs. In SA it was a very consistent 18-19oz. How difficult is it to adjust the trigger pull? Is it just the screw on the bottom of the grip that puts tension on the main spring?
Sorry for my novice questions.
Also, a very big "Thank You!" to everyone who has shared info on this thread! I am a much more well equipped S&W collector now because of it!!
I don't think S&W intended the strain screw, as they call it to adjust trigger pull, although many do. Jerry Miculek advises with his spring kit to grind the screw down to achieve 7 lbs DA (or is it 7.5, I can't remember) after installation. That provides optimum trigger in balance with his return spring (part of the kit). 3 lbs/18 oz put it in the target/range catagory only, which is what the gun was designed for in the first place. JM also advises that the gun should be used only on the range after installation, and not a carry piece. I have used his kit on a few of my Smiths and have a 7.5/2.5 trigger. Plenty light for me. Enjoy that .38. I know I enjoy shooting mine.

Last edited by Retired W4; 05-14-2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Sorry about misspelling your name, Mr Miculek.