View Single Post

Old 05-14-2012, 06:38 PM

Liked 215 Times in 108 Posts

Sitting here on my day off. just cleaned all my guns from yesterday... and now wondering what to do...LOL

Hi Stav, If you have that free time, then you should reload. I do the KISS (keep it simple stupid) method. For my 223 I clean the cases by hand with alcohol. Then I size/deprime (so you will need dies for $35-45 and a single stage press- Mine is an old RCBS single I have had for 30 years). Then the next time I have spare time. I use a Lee tool to sit in front of the TV and clean the primer pockets. When I have time again I length size the cases with the Lee tool and holder that fits in my drill. Next, I reprime them with the Lee hand primer. Then all you have to do is add powder (I know, Lee again, but I just use their scoops) and seat the bullet. The point I am trying to make, is that the fun of it and the good feelings I get about making my own, far outweigh any time involved. That and you can do any of the stages when you have 15-20 minutes free. You don't HAVE to sit down and complete 100 or 1000 rounds each time. If you are a competitor, then you might need speed reloading equipment for pistol and higher quality for rifle. But for plinking, hunting, having fun, you can turn out some pretty darn good rounds with the most basic of equipment. PS: I do not work for Lee, just like their simplicity and low cost. Sorry this is so long.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: