View Single Post

Old 05-14-2012, 06:41 PM

Liked 662 Times in 334 Posts

Although I've reloaded for pistol for a while, I just into reloading 223. In fact, I should finally be working up some rounds this evening after spending last week prepping 750 cases. The tumbling/resize-decap/tumble/swage/trim process takes a lot of time. I take comfort in knowing that I won't have to swage this brass again and only trim as needed on the future.

I should mention that I'm doing all of this on a 30 year old RCBS Junior single stage press. With all the manual steps that are needed to go through to prep rifle cases I can't see myself investing in a progressive press anytime soon. I'm just using an RCBS small base 2-dies set so no need for even a turret press at the moment.

My total investment for rifle reloading has been the set of dies ($38 from Amazon), RCBS swaging die ($41 from LGS), Lyman case trimmer ($59 from Grafs.com). This is the stuff that I didn't have but needed. I also purchases some upgrade stuff like a larger vibratory tumbler from Grafs as well as a Lee Perfect Powder Measure to replace my RCBS L'il Dandy measure.