View Single Post

Old 05-14-2012, 07:18 PM

Liked 630 Times in 243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikor View Post
Yes. Mossberg does supply barrels for S&W...or has recently at least... and the 'boutique' makers do offer better guns than the factory S&W, my preference is the BCM midlength but if you want the real deal you go Colt...only. The S&W is a hobby gun but a good one...still not up to the top tier rifles made by Colt, BCM, DD or Noveske...but not priced like them either.
Please provide data to back that up. In my searches, I've only found unsubstantiated remarks and those reference 2008.

I honestly believe that only 1% of AR-15 owners actually use their weapons to the extreme. Whether it's a Colt, BMC, DD, S&W etc. most will never see sustained combat action. The high end "milspec" rifles are great and nice to have, of course you do pay the price. I believe, that for most who will never see sustained combat will do fine with most any QUALITY AR. I don't mine that my S&W 15 OR does not have "milspec" annodizing. It, so far, has met my needs in every way.

Pat Rodgers in 2008 wrote an article in S.W.A.T. magazine. The article's title is "A tale of three Smith's or 23,460 hard-use rounds down range." I would tend to believe that a retired Chief Warrant Officer Of Marines, retired NYPD Sergeant and the head of E.A.G. tactical knows how to abuse and recommend or not a "battle" rifle.

Last edited by Kodiakco; 05-14-2012 at 07:56 PM.