View Single Post

Old 05-18-2012, 01:37 PM

Liked 6,813 Times in 2,543 Posts

I don't really have any puppy pictures available. Our only puppy was Maggie, our first GSP. We lost her to liver failure at 12. Our first and foremost furry kid. I am convinced she haunts us and watches over us.

All of our dogs since then have been pound puppies, so we got them fairly well grown.

This is our curent GSP, Hagrid. Named after the dark, slow, gentle giant of the Harry Potter films. Very gentle but a barker. Anyone breaking in would see him at the door, growling.

This is Shiloh. A terrier whippet cross. He had been abused and cowered in the corner of the kennel. We took him outside and he warmed up to us. Still doesn't trust men, especially ones with beards. Buit he cuddles up with me every nite.

This is Buddy, Maggie's step-brother. He showed up in our back yard one day while I was in grad school. The wife met me at the door with the question "Is there something you want to tell me?" I responded (being an experienced husband) "No, at least not until I know what I am being accused of!" Evidently, someone deposited him in our backyard, over the fence. We estimated he was six.

For those of you with a literary bent=We should have named him "Falstaff". He was the Shakespeare character personified!. He lived another 16 years and traveled through 3 states with us.

There have been a couple of others. Abby: the GSP with a load of birdshot in her butt. She was about 11 or 12 when we got her. We wanted to give her a good retirement and we think we did. Muffin: The completely psycho Maltese (nobody believed me she was possessed until one night I was in D.C. talking to my wife and Muffin did her voodoo doll impersonation.) She went to a family with 6 kids and an extended family of one softball team and one soccer team. She adjusted well and is happy (we've seen her a couple of times since then)

Sorry to take so long but some of you know how we like to talk when discussing our furry family members!

Last edited by BearBio; 05-18-2012 at 01:39 PM.