View Single Post

Old 05-19-2012, 01:01 PM

Liked 661 Times in 334 Posts

Grover asked me to post pics or it never happened.

1" 5-shot group at 100 yards off a bench with sandbags...

1.25" 5-shot group at 100 yards off a bench with sandbags...

But the spread on the upper four shots was only .75"...

Stavman11, to answer your questions about components, I've been collecting brass at the range (both my own and whatever 223 brass is lying around the bench I'm shooting at). Most of it is Lake City,but all the reloads for this range trip was mixed PMC, Remmington, Winchester, etc...

The bullets are Hornady 55g FMJ-BT which I ordered from Midway. They're on sale for $81/1000 but are backordered with unpredictable shipping dates. When I placed my order the listed ship date was in June, but I got it at the beginning of May. So place your order and take your chances. haha

Powder and primers I picked up at my LGS mainly because I was getting impatient waiting for my bulk supply order to ship. The surplus 844 powder I ordered if from Wideners which at $85/8 lb is a bargain in today's market. I also ordered another 3000 primers from them to save on the hazmet fees.

I've also ordered cast lead bullets for my 44 mag from Missouri Bullets and powder and primers from Powder Valley.

As for reloading hardware, I've bought a lot off of Amazon when it's available with Prime shipping. Otherwise I go to Sinclair (which is a subsidiary of Brownells) and Graf's. The nice thing about Graf's is that they have a $5.95 flat shipping rate.

Pick up a Lee Perfect Powder Measure, It's got a great reputation and is typically found around for under $30. With the X-Terminator powder it metered very consistently.