View Single Post

Old 05-20-2012, 08:47 PM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Brand new, here. Joined just to say thanks to the forum, and to all posters on this thread.

I was replacing the springs in a S&W pd (.32 H+R airweight j-frame), trying to get the pull weight down a little for my wife's benefit, and had this same issue. Not much of a tech guy (ok, I'm learning) and removed the hand unnecessarily.

I put it back together, and found I had a gun where the trigger would turn the cylinder only if you pointed down. (Gravity.) I had visions of having to shoot a burgler only in the foot, or giving them that line from the old Westerns, "Let's see if you can dance, greenhorn ... "

Had no idea what was going on, and fumbled around at first. Then I found this thread. Had to take out the trigger, etc., to re-set the hand spring, but it went fine.

The j-frame's pull is much improved (I dry fired maybe 500 times before changing springs, too). I like it, and I think my wife will be happy, too -- we're probably going to share. Hope to take it for a tryout at the range this week; meanwhile, I have that warm and fuzzy feeling back, thanks to all of you.

Much appreciate it!

Last edited by dugo; 05-20-2012 at 08:52 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: