View Single Post

Old 05-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Liked 49,000 Times in 9,321 Posts

When you bust a cap and major parts of a gun like the barrel leave the frame, I got no problem with the term "blew up".
That happening twice to you is almost incomprehensible. I'm glad you weren't seriously injured and I certainly understand your chagrin. I've been around shooting and shooters more than 4 decades and I've never known of another person who had the same catastrophic failure TWICE with the same model of gun!
To sum up, we're good up to here- two guns blew up, you got burned, and I don't blame you for being disappointed, angry, and less than confident in S&W's. NO problem.

Here is where our viewpoints diverge seriously:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser RN View Post
With all the **** I have taken all I can say is "It is what it is" and I thank those who have supported me.As to what happened all you need to do is look @ the pictures and "the thing speaks for itself".It is my humble opinion that the moderators should take a good long look @ this thread to see how this forum is degenerating.This used to be a place where people are always welcome and if disagreements took place they were respectfully discussed.Now flame throwing is done by senior forum members,tolerated by the moderators,and nothing is said or done.This is very very sad.JMHO .......Mike
Now THAT is exageration.
I saw this thread on the 2nd or 3rd day, so Alk's post had been more than adequately handled in the first 24 hours in my opinion. After almost a month, he has not replied or even tried to defend his statement.
scooter's 'opinion' of burns was simply ignored by most of us, since almost all living people have had a burn that didn't blister.
So, I disagree with your assessment. This board is moderated much tighter than most big gun boards. Opinions differ and eloquence, directness, and terminology varies from individual to individual. This is a very different board from what it was years ago. Removing every dissenting opinion from a discussion board doesn't leave much discussion.
You painted with way too broad a brush there.