View Single Post

Old 05-27-2012, 11:36 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I installed a Jard 2ib trigger in my gun, and found a couple of issues, mostly the failure to reset the trigger. I resolved this by lightly polishing the black steel rails that the bolt run on, polishing the recoil spring rod, and polishing the hammer face, and the portion under the firing pin that cams the hammer back during recoil. When I did this, I started having failures to fire - not even leaving mark on the cartridge. I had slightly rounded the top of the hammer during the polishing process, and I guess that was just enough to kill sufficient momentum from the firing pin to stop ignition. My solution was to lengthen the front/muzzle end of the slot in the firing pin that the roll pin rides in, just a couple thousands of an inch, so that the firing pin protrudes out the back of the bolt just a couple of thousands more - hammer hits a fraction sooner and longer. NO More failures to fire. This mod does not affect how far the firing pin will travel forward, so there will be no danger of primer puncture.

Mark K.