View Single Post

Old 06-01-2012, 10:23 AM

Liked 101 Times in 65 Posts

You beat me to the post! I almost thought I was losing my mind when I was this posted on facebook. And just when everyone thought the SD was dead.

Suggested retail price of $379??? That's only $10 more than the MSRP of the Sigma. What's going on here??? I'm going to have to ponder this one. Two pistols at approx. the same price point doesn't make sense which leads me to the conclusion that...

Senario 1. That the SD was slated to take over the Sigma all along. And Smith released the SD at a higher price point which people thought was a good deal then so when they lowered it by $100 everyone would think of how wonderful a deal it really was. Now it's a deal that cannot be beat and SD go flying off the shelf. S&W sits back and watches their master finally unfolding on their way to the bank.

Senario 2. Smith tried to fill a price point that wasn't economically realistic, SD at the price it was at just didn't make sense. So Smith backtracked, thought about it, and found it could make the SD for just about the same price as a Sigma, the focus groups and general public liked the SD more, and the SD didn't come with the stigma the sigma has. They quick shifted the SD to a lower price, put a stainless slide on it to differentiate it from the other SD's and viola! Another smith that people want to buy!

O.k. I have to stop thinking while I type. I also wonder how it's different than the regular SD.