View Single Post

Old 06-08-2012, 07:49 AM

Liked 3,961 Times in 1,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorlay View Post
1: I am having misfeeds, I will be shooting and then in the middle of the mag ill try to pull the trigger, and nothing...

...this happens on average about 1/50 rounds.. I asked the range master and he said i was probably limp wristing it.. could this be the cause..?
Yes. Limp wristing any semi-auto handgun can cause cycling issues. This can be a contributing factor to your problems.

Quote:
2: the casing from the rounds are hitting me in the face, top of the head, chest, cheek, one even burned my wife's chest.. I also asked about this and the girl at the range desk said yeah that's just how the M&P's eject... is this true..?
I can not attest to the ejection pattern of other M&P 9's, but mine ejects predictably and consistently to the right.

If you are really limp wristing the firearm, then the limp wristing can be a contributing factor to your issues.

Quote:
3: I noticed the visual round indicator was kind of off with 16 rounds, I reloaded it and it lined up with the holes fine.. is it possible I'm loading the mags wrong..? IE: the 16 round whole (16 rounds where in the mag) showed parts of 2 rounds, when I reloaded it, it showed a solid brass of one round..
huh?

If possible, a little more information can help. IMO, 150 rounds is still within the break in of the firearm.

Is this your first semi-auto handgun?

What are the details of the ammo you fired? Winchester White Box 115gr FMJ's? Federal Champion 115gr FMJ? Blazer Aluminum... Steel Case TulAmmo? Gun show reloads?

You said you cleaned it before use. That's good. Did you also lube it? Drop of oil on the rails, in the slide's rail channel, light coat on the barrel itself?

The best way to figure out whether it's you or the gun is to make sure the gun is cleaned & lubed, get some factory ammo, and have someone else shoot a mag through it.

I usually try to keep an eye on the other shooters on the firing line. Usually there be at least two that evidence good shooting fundamentals and skill. I'll apologize for interrupting, explain my firearm issue, and politely ask them to fire a mag through it. The majority of firearms enthusiasts are nice people, and are very willing to help.