View Single Post

Old 06-09-2012, 11:45 AM
US Veteran

Liked 5,919 Times in 1,761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dock49 View Post
My input: I guess we all have our favorite holster maker(s), mine is located back in the woods of Alabama near Springville (Kenny Campbell--KC Custom Gunleather). KC has made me close to 20 holsters (counting the ones he is currently making) and I have about 6 more I need to order from him--could be more since I have my eye on three new additions to my collection (incidentally all of the new additions are made by S & W).

A little about Kenny, KC apprenticed under the infamous recluse (other peoples' words not mine), Thad Rbyka. Interestingly, KC does not have an Internet presence. He does business the old fashion way, word-of-mouth. You have to call or write him, or you could do what I do...get in the car and go see him at his place--he has some good stories to tell. I first heard of KC from Mr. Kenny Jordan who works at Shotgun Sports, HW 431 in Anniston, Alabama and he owns several of KC holsters. Since I have bought a lot of my firearms from Mr. Jordan, I take his advice readily and he was on the money about KC holsters. As stated earlier, I always travel to his place in the woods and work with him in his shop picking the leather and the design of the holster I want (picked up a holster just last week for a Walther PPS 9mm in pigskin--don't laugh--it is a heck of a good rig).
Here's a Ken Campbell holster I have for an N-frame:

The Following User Likes This Post: