View Single Post

Old 06-10-2012, 07:18 PM

Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default Shot my first match today, M&P rocked

So I shot for the first time (other than casually at whatever targets) and had an absolutely blast. The range I belong to held a rimfire/centerfire bowling pin match today so I figured I would try it out, seemed like it could be fun.

I kept hearing how my 9mm would be underpowered and would have a hard time especially when the pins got beat up. Most were shooting .44 mags and .45s, some .357 with hot loads and one other guy with a 9mm. The first handful of shooters went and one of the guys with a 9mm (Glock compact) went and he had a harder time than the others.

My turn, I was super nervous hoping and praying I wouldn't be up there using all three mags of either pistol. I put my Ruger Mark III up with the mags and my M&P Pro up with the mags, got my sight picture, ready to go. Started with the Ruger first for the pintops using Stingers, whiffed two and had to reload, then I cleared it. Put the Ruger down, grabbed the M&P with 147gr lawman, 5 shots-5 pins cleared. Results, just over 30 seconds.

Next round, I was much more settled and wound up clearing the table without a reload at a tick over 19 seconds, fastest round of the day! I wound up in first with a 24.8 avg which totally blew my mind! I was very happy for my first time, can't wait for the next one. M&P didn't feel underpowered at all, wonder if the 5" barrel plays into it with velocity? Seemed to work fine, even in the second round.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: