View Single Post

Old 06-14-2012, 07:06 PM

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Default Pristine

I have a Ruger 41 Magnum 3-screw flat top with a 6.5" barrel that my Mom bought my Dad in 1974 (I think)...I was there when she bought it. My Dad fired a cylinder of factory ammo through it and he never shot it again after that. I've related this elsewhere on the board, but it fits well here. He used to take the revolver out of the box and orange wrapping paper, which I still have, and he would point it out toward the back yard and at the river. He never dry-fired it. He'd hold it, appreciating the heft of the revolver, then he'd wipe it down with his silicone cloth and put it back in the paper then close the box. It looks as good today as when he opened it on his birthday in 1974. It was his favorite gun. I can pull it out of the safe and do the same thing and feel my Dad near again. He's in an Alzheimer's ward now; a mere shadow of his former self. He called my brother and I when he knew he was getting bad and gave us his gun collection. Alzheimer's is a horrid affliction; you lose a loved one twice. But, I'll always have the Ruger 41 magnum, and the 41 magnum is my favorite handgun round. There's a guy on here who has a two-tone blued heavy-barreled Model 58 for sale. I'm gonna find SOME way to pay for that gun.

Last edited by Magnumdood; 06-14-2012 at 09:32 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: