View Single Post

Old 07-11-2012, 06:19 AM

Liked 67 Times in 36 Posts

You may want to consider a "parts kit" listed on GunBroker. They usually have every part except the frame which was probably cut up and thrown away. I repaired a Colt Agent with one of these kits. It looked like it came from a nearly new revolver and cost $70. I used the trigger, hammer, hand, and some side plate screws. I still have the rest of the parts including cylinder, crane, springs, side plate, etc.

Here is one for a Model 36 that has a decent looking cylinder plus all the rest of the non-frame parts. $50. Less than half the Midway price plus all the other parts for future use. I have ordered from this seller 2 or 3 times and always got more than my money's worth.

12-2281 Smith & Wesson 36 38spl gun parts kit : Gun Parts Kits at GunBroker.com

If you are not in a hurry to fix this revolver do a GunBroker search on "parts kit Smith" every week. He puts up batches of parts kits every now and then. Every parts kit is indivdually photographed. Look at the side plate. It it is mint looking, then the donor gun was probably never used much at all. A parts kit from a mint Model 36 will eventually show up.

This kit is already sold. It came from a very nice donor gun.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=286627021

Last edited by adowns; 07-11-2012 at 06:49 AM.