Thread: 38 S&W
View Single Post

Old 07-13-2012, 02:18 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Dan-

You have two good guns if they are in nice condition. The snub Model 10 will bring a premium over longer barrels, with some buyers. It should make a good house gun or carry piece, if you are licensed. The Ruger .22 is one of my favorites, and the best buy available in a .22 handgun, I think. For $100, you got a major deal on it. And many of us prefer the MK II to the current MK III, which has a loaded chamber indicator that is a little obtrusive and has cuts for it that may allow additional dust, etc. to enter the gun.

You can read about ammo for short-barrelled .38 Specials in our Ammo forum. Just scroll down until you see it.

The .38 S&W ammo can perhaps be sold at a a gun show or given to someone who has a gun for it. Or, you may someday pick up a nice Webley or S&W Victory Model .38-200 chambered for it. It isn't very powerful, but the guns are pieces of history.

You can probably find the books on Amazon.com for a lot less than specialty gun book dealers charge. I think you'll be amazed at the wealth of inormation in them, especially the Boothroyd book. I've seen it sell for as little as $12.95, which has to be the book bargain of all time!

I'm pleased to have been of help.